1) Advise Departments Managers on the legal opinions relating to the daily operations of the company to ensure compliance with the current legislations and the interests of the company.
2) Advise and guide the departments /Board/Central /Branch of the legal content related activities to ensure compliance with the applicable laws after being passed by the Department Manager.
3) To interpret regulatory legislation and other legal documents.
4) Attend and cooperate in Compliance and Regulatory meetings and projects.
5) To periodically review the Authority’s license rules, regulation and procedures to ensure consistency with the relevant legislation.
6) To draft and update documents, contracts, lease and license agreements for the Company.
7) To manage implementation of laws, regulations, rules, contracts, agreements and other legal instruments
8) To liaison with Legal Counsels and/or Advocates in solving Disputes facing the organization or cases in court.
9) Represent the employer in Court, Arbitration and Mediation proceedings.
10) Evaluate and review the legality of the receiving /sending documents and control of the legality of the process / internal regulations of the company.
11) To conduct research on legislation and other legal aspects pertaining to regulated sectors and the role and functions of the Company
12) Follow up and report Department Managers about any disputes and litigations involving the company and propose the method of the dispute settlement.
13) Perform other tasks assigned by the General Director or theDepartment Manager
1. University degree in laws (LL.B) from a recognized university
2. Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) applications.
3. Attention to Detail and Prompt completion of Assignments is highly required.
4. Ability to work under pressure.
5. Knowledge and Experience in Court Proceedings, Court System and Litigation Matters
6. Admission as an Advocate of the High Court (an added advantage)
About the Company
Halotel is the brand name of Viettel Tanzania Ltd, a member of Viettel Group. Viettel is the biggest telecom group in Vietnam with nearly USD 11 billion revenue in 2015. Apart from Vietnam, Viettel has invested in telecommunications sector in 10 countries across 03 continents, including; Cambodia, Laos, Timor Leste, Myanma for Asia Mozambique, Cameroon, Burundi, Tanzania for Africa and Haiti, Peru for America. We officially launched on 15 Oct 2015, providing our mobile service at 30 shops across the country.
Halotel has performed investigation and design of the network since 2012, and is expected to start network infrastructure construction in the third quarter of 2015. The company targets to cover 95% population, especially in rural areas, with mobile services, to deploy fiber optic cable network across the country to reach villages/communes, to ensure the best quality of the network and to set up a system of shops up to villages level for Tanzania easy to access telecom services.
Halotel strongly believes that, thanks to its prominent advantages in network infrastructure, distribution channels, customers care services and a resource of high quality ICT engineers, we are able to provide mobile services, high speed optical internet, leased line service... of high quality and at reasonable price for individuals, organizations and enterprises.
A long with achieving business targets, Halotel also realizes its commitments with the Government, local authorities and Tanzanian people to bring mobile signal to thousands of unserved villages across the country; to provide optic fiber transmission line for district committees, police offices, public hospitals and post offices in districts; and furthermore, to provide free internet access for public schools nationwide...These efforts will help people in rural areas access information easily, apply information and communications technology to daily life, and contribute to the development of the economy of Tanzania.