CAREER OPPORTUNITY WITH BRAC TANZANIA
BRAC is one of the world’s leading development organizations that have extensive
development programs in microfinance, small enterprises development, education, agriculture,
poultry, livestock, empowerment and livelihood for adolescents globally.
BRAC in Tanzania is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the position of Program manager for the Empowerment and Livelihood for Adolescent Program
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the program
• Plan the delivery of the overall project and its activities in accordance with the objectives of the organisation
• Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the project
• Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the project
• Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the project
• Develop a project monitoring and evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the project and to identify areas for improvement
• Develop funding proposals for the project to ensure the continuous delivery of services and work diligently for fundraising and resource mobilization
Organize the Program
• Ensure that project activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
• Ensure that project activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
• Develop forms and records to document project activities. Ensuring proper documentation of all implementing activities and outcomes
• Oversee the collection and maintenance of records on the club members of the
Staff the Program
• In consultation with the Program manager, recruit, interview and select well-qualified project staff
• Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the organization
• Ensure the performance appraisal of all staff of the project on a timely manner
• Establish and implement a performance management process for all project staff
• Engage volunteers for appropriate project activities using established volunteer management practices
• Ensure that all project staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs
Lead the Program
• Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
• Supervise project staff by providing direction, input and feedback
• Donor relations and liaison with government, development organizations and other relevant stakeholders.
• Communicate with beneficiaries and other stakeholders to gain community support for the project and to solicit input to improve the project
• Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
• Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Control the Program
• Write reports on the project for management and for funders.
• Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements.
• Ensure that the project operates within the approved budget.
• Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures.
• Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date.
• Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements.
• Identify and evaluate the risks associated with project activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
• Monitor the project activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the project evaluation framework.
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial, collaborative, creative approach to work, and strong inter-personal skills.
• Master’s degree is required with at least 5 years relevant experience. 2 years in a managerial position.
• Sound knowledge on child protection and safeguarding systems.
• Knowledge of Positive Youth Development, Youth Engagement, Alternative Educational approaches and Teen Employment Programming.
• Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and implementing innovative programs.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to research, assimilate and analyze information,
• Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint to present proven data in a clear and inspiring manner.
• Strong decisive nature, with well honed problem solving mindset skills.
• Ability to anticipate challenges, prioritize and analyze for effectiveness.
• Organizational skills including strong attention to detail to manage and coordinate simultaneous projects.
• Sound judgment regarding the appropriateness of guarding confidentiality to protect the privacy rights of youth.
Job Location: Anywhere in Tanzania
How to apply: Applications for the position must include:
• A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
• Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone number(s) and three (3) referees.
If you feel you are the right match for above mentioned position, please apply to
HRD, BRAC Tanzania,
Plot #2329, Block-H, Mbezi Beach
Dar es Salaam or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org under subject “Program Manager-ELA”.
Application deadline is 18.01.2017 only short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC Tanzania is an equal opportunity Employer