Graphic Designer (For a client’s magazine)
Our client is a well established publisher based in Dar es salaam. As a result of the continued growth and expansion of the business, a vacancy for a graphics designer has arisen in the Production Department.
The Graphics Designer will report to the Managing Editor and be responsible for designing all publications and promotional materials from concept up to pre-press stage. The job involves design and layout of magazines, flyers, brochures, advertisements, web content and other promotional items.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Design, layout and prepare the magazine ready to print
• Design and layout advertisements to be published in the magazine
• Design promotional materials including flyers, brochures, etc
• Design various company documents and stationery
• Carry out continuous research on the latest developments in publishing and advise the management on emerging trends
Key competences and Skills
• Ability to multi task and deliver projects within tight deadlines
• A keen attention to detail, from design concept through to print-ready artwork
• Creative and critical thinking skills
• A proven track record with a great portfolio
• A thorough working knowledge of Adobe creative suite, especially InDesign, photoshop and illustrator
• Keen, enthusiastic and a flexible attitude
• Good teamwork, High motivation, energy and discipline.
• Minimum three year experience in Graphic design, preferably in a print or publishing company
• A diploma from a reputable institution
• Either gender aged below 35 years can apply
Remuneration and Benefits
• A competitive remuneration package and benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you meet the above, kindly send your current CV only (No attachments), before 06.01.17 to email@example.com . Only Successful candidates will be contacted within 7 days.