Position: Project Accountant -SSBVC
Mennonite Economic Development Associates of Canada (MEDA) is an association of Christians who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org
The Project Accountant will be supporting the SSBVC project for all financial duties which includes effecting payments through CITI direct, reviewing and checking all retirements and advance request for SSBVC staff, completing project reports by ensuring data are entered into the ACCPAC system while ensuring completeness and cut-off are observed, reconciling bank accounts and mobile money account, ensuring timesheet are completed on time, ensuring all financial information are well filed, assist in logistic and procurement activities.
Project accountant will report direct to Country Finance Manager.
• Review retirements and advance requests by ensuring they are properly completed as per policy
• Entering financial information in the accounting system and ensuring cut-off and completeness principles are adhered
• Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation and mobile money reconciliation
• Processing of payments for all contracts, bills and invoices received and stamping “PAID” once the payment process has been completed
• Preparation of payroll for all staff and ensuring all statutory deductions are properly effected and remitted as per the law
• Loading payment into bank system by ensuring amount and other details are correctly entered, facilitating authorization and release of payments
• Preparation of monthly cash forecast by including all the activities for the month and ensuring the project has enough fund for its activities
• Grant management, ensuring all contracts to sub-grantee are well executed by check the expense reports and disbursements are done on time
• Ensuring intercompany transaction are properly recorded and reconciled as well as payments are processed on time while trying to avoid unnecessary intercompany transactions
• Assist the Country Finance Manager with monthly general ledger reconciliations as required.
• Ensuring accounting standards, MEDA policies, country law and donor requirements are properly followed Assist with staff enquiries and administrative assistance where needed
• Assisting internal and external auditors for all matter related to the project
• Any other related duties
• Essential: Bachelors of Commerce, in Accounting or Business Management with minimum of 2 years of experience in international standards of project accounting, financial management including budgeting, grants and contracts.
• Strong experience with international audit requirements
• Working knowledge of major donor funded operations, finance services and practices
• Excellent computer skills in Excel & Accounting software.
please visit www.meda.org