GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining ltd (GGMl) is Tanzania's leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, on international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km's from Mwanza City and 20 km's South East of the nearest point of lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km's west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position : Senior Specialist Safety Underground Operations (1 POST)
Job Number : GGM-2015-XMO-O2
Works For : Manager Underground Mining
Qualifications: Diploma/Degree/Diploma and/or internationally recognized certification in the fields of Safety, Engineering or Risk Management.
· Minimum three (3) to five (5) years' postgraduate work experience, not including internships with exposure to mining Safety and / or Risk Management System design and support in on underground mining environment,
· Underground production experiences in a mechanized hard-rock underground mine.
· Supervision of Safety functions within a mining operation.
· Mining technology and heavy production equipment.
· Experience in incident investigation and reporting.
· Auditing or inspection experience.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide a technical support function for the management of Safety and Occupational Health conditions within the underground working environment at Geita Gold Mine.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
· Promote high safety awareness and Geita Gold Mine's Safety and Health Policy within the underground mining environment.
· Oversee the appointed mining contractor from a Safety & Occupational Health perspective.
· Develop, review, implement and maintain relevant Safe Work Procedures, Standards and / or Specifications to ensure work is carried out in a Safe and efficient manner.
· Develop and maintain processes aimed at establishing a safe work piece e.g. leading safety toolbox talks, planned task observations, reviewing job safety analysis documentation and risk assessments, conducting work inspections facilitation of incident investigation processes.
· Implement Safety improvement plans focused on routine activities to ensure the establishment of a safe and healthy working environment, and the management and monitoring of short-term safety improvement within the underground mining environment.
· Implement and drive change to processes, procedures and systems based on Incident investigations findings and recommendations, risk assessments and Regional/ Corporate, Regulatory, or other industry body requirements and / or directives.
· Ensure all incidents are reported and investigated according to policy and statutory requirements.
· Develop and establish training programs for all employees, contractors and visitors to ensure compliance and the safe, efficient achievement of business objectives.
· Develop, implement and maintain emergency response procedures and practices related to the underground operation.
· Exposure and training in Safety & Risk Management Systems.
· Exposure and application of electronic data management systems.
· The ability to utilize equipment, office software -MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, mailings.
· Must be task focused and committed to the- delivery process.
· The ability to work across all disciplines, where rigorous engagement and interaction is expected.
· The ability to handle conflict resolution
· The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with good presentation and
· The ability to use statistical methods to analyze, validate & verify analytical data with strong attention to detail.
· The ability to work and communicate with people at all levels/good interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge in Incident Investigation and relevant risk assessment techniques, including Bow the Risk Analysis.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Safety & Risk Management processes, standards, principles etc.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the mining value chain and related processes.
Mode of application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Snr. Specialist: Safety Underground Operations and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names arid addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Contact Address: Human Resources Manager,
Geita Gold Mining ltd,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant's head of deportment.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 16th November, 2015 - 17hr30.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
BEWARE OF CONMENI GGML does not receive money in exchange for a jab position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately ta our Security-Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (roles apply or use our whistle blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com