Stamigold Company Limited
STAMIGOLD Company Limited -- Biharamulo Mines is a subsidiary company of the State Mining Corporation (STAMICO) operating gold mine. The Mine is located in the Biharamulo Forest Reserve, South West of Mwanza ill Kagera Region. In order to run the mine effectively and efficiently, the company invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the vacancies as detailed below;
Procurement Officer (1 post)
Reporting Line: Head of Procurement Management Unity
Work Station: Biharamulo Mine Site
Contract Duration: 15 Months, Subject to Renewal
To ensure that at organization level, there is fair application in all procurement process, competitive, transparent, and non-discriminatory and value for money procurement, to administer resources allocated to PMU, provide technical and operational advice to the Stamigold Company Limited in conformity with Public Procurement Act, its Regulations and Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) Guidelines.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
· Report directly to the Head of Procurement Management Unity (PMU).
· To prepare, coordinate and implement Annual Procurement and disposal plans;
· To assist in reviewing the Procurement Plan in collaboration with PMU staff and update it when required to reflect new development in plan and possible changes in dates, lots, procurement methods etc.
· To prepare and present accurate periodic reports to the Mine General Manager and the
· To ensure conformity with the Public Procurement Act of 2011, its regulations and guidelines of 2013.and advise the Company on all matters pertaining to procurement;
· To review and evaluate procurement requirements and recommend appropriate alternative procedures;
· To review, quality-check and clear tender evaluation reports; for submission to the SBM Tender Board for approval;
· To prepare tendering documents and pre-qualification documents for Goods, Works and Services ..
· To conduct training in procurement and contract management;
· To validate authenticity of payment-certificates and invoices--before payment
· To coordinate development and review of policies relevant to procurement function;
· To effectively administer all resources allocated to the Department,
· To assist in preparation and management of all procurement contracts;
· To assist in developing and maintaining an acceptable procurement record keeping systems;
· Develops efficient and effective Customer-Suppliers Relationship
· To Liaise with Warehouse staffs/user departments before delivery of goods/ services
· To Place orders for goods or services to suppliers as requested by user department and ensure timely delivery of goods or services
· To perform any other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor
MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal incumbent for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
· University Degree/ Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management from a recognized higher learning institution;
· Certified' Procurement and Supplies Processional, CPSP (T) or Member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply - MCIPS (UK) and he/she must be registered with the Procurement and Supplies Professional and Technician Board (PSPTB) in the category of Approved Procurement and Supplies Professional.
· Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (lCT) application, and familiarity with one of the accounting software;
· A strong background and good knowledge of the Public Procurement Act and its Regulations with PPRA guidelines
· Not less than three (3) years’ work experience in relevant fields in a reputable institution(s) out of which two (2) year should be in a public/government sector.
· Decisiveness, Resilience and Resourcefulness with high degree of confidentiality
· A good verbal communication skills and good command of Swahili and English
· Strong and proven management ability with leadership qualities are essential
· High level of interpersonal and influencing skills
· Must be a team player, flexible, attentive to details(good listener) and result oriented
· Demonstrated track record of integrity and honesty
· A working knowledge of appropriate software programs that will facilitate the reporting. These include Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and Access or other database software
ALL APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN THEIR
· Candidates should send their applications accompanied by the
· A detailed CV/resume with 3 references with contact details
· Position title in subject heading
· Copy of ID e.g. Either, Birth Certificate, Vote ID or Copy of travelling Passport (Compulsory)
· Details of education (include copies of certificates-Compulsory);
· Details of previous employment;
· Home address (include village I town I city where living)
· Personal contact details (example; phone, email).
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits. All interested candidate are invited to submit or send their applications by October 06, 2015
All applications should be addressed to;
The General Manager,
Dar es Salaam.
Applications may be sent to the email below email@example.com
Do not apply more than once for this position.
Stamigold Company Limited offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men
and women, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.