DEADLINE OCT 5, 2015
Position: Assistant Program Officer - Ethics and Compliance Position
City: Dar es Salaam
Desirable Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of the legal profession in Tanzania and the understanding of the changing legal landscape inside and outside Tanzania;
- Knowledge of and passion for ethical conduct and compliance; ,
- Oversee the implementation of the Advocates (Professional Conduct and Etiquette) Rules;
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Ethics Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct of Advocates;
- Develop and recommend periodical reviews and updates to standards of conduct within the Legal Profession to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to the membership as a whole;
- Remain abreast of all ethical malpractices and identify trends in and potential areas of ethical malpractices; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future;
- Organize agendas and relevant materials for meetings of the Ethics Committee and Remunerations Committee as required;
- Keep minutes of Ethics Committee and Remunerations Committee meetings and addressing follow-up as required;
- A Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) from a reputable/accredited institution.
- Preferably, an Advocate with litigation experience.
- At least 3 years progressive, professional working experience.
Application instructions :Register on https://www.everjobs.co.tz/, create your profile and apply to the position. (https://www.everjobs.co.tz/en/employer/tanganyika-law-society/assistant-program-officer-ethics-and-compliance-position.html )